Seo training in telugu
Should I Choose A Keyword Domain?
For years SEOs and search marketers have often purchased domains that contained their targeted keywords in order to increase CTRs and to help gain higher rankings on Google, Yahoo and other search engines. Let’s examine this strategy to determine if it is still effective.
Many SEO strategists would purchase exact match domains (EMDs), which are domains that exactly match the keyword phrase they are targeting. For example, if they want to rank for “buy green widgets” the person might purchase BuyGreenWidgets.com. EMDs offered two advantages.
- The presence of the keyword phrase in the domain was itself a ranking factor.
- The presence of the keyword phrase in the domain encouraged other webmasters to include
- The keyword phrase in the anchor text when linking to the site.
However, in light of recent Google updates (especially the “EMD update”), EMDs are no longer as helpful as they once were.
Consider these factors:
- What is the search volume? Use Google’s keyword tool to find the exact match search volume for the keyword phrase the domain matches.
- What is the cost? Most premium keyword domains are already registered and are difficult to obtain (read: very,very expensive).
- Is it a .com? For example, a keyword.info domain will be far less valuable than a keyword.com domain.